Each ensemble director will have their own criteria for admission and placement within their group. Please contact the director of the ensemble you wish to join for more information.
Concert Choir and Chamber Singers:
Contact Jody Benecke [email@example.com|707.527.4665]
- Auditions will be at the first class meeting. Everyone will use the same vocal selection and we will learn it as a group.
- Here is a link to a copy of the audition selection “All Through the Night”
- Please go ahead and enroll in The Santa Rosa Symphonic Chorus/Concert Choir MUSCP 21A meeting Mondays from 7 until approximately 9:30 pm in Forsyth room 105 (the Choir Room)
- The Chamber Singers will meet Wednesdays at 12 noon until approximately 2:30 pm in Forsyth room 105 (the Choir Room). Auditions are completed at the first class meeting. Please bring a solo piece with you, or you may use the copy of “All Through the Night” from the Concert Choir auditions. You will need an add code from the instructor before you will be authorized to enroll.
Symphonic Band and Jazz Band:
- Promo video for Symphonic Band: SRJC Band
- Loaner instruments are available. Students do not need to be Music majors to participate.
- Promo video for Orchestra: SRJC Orchestra
Applied Music & Scholarships (FALL 2023)
Students enrolled in SRJC performance ensembles are also eligible for scholarships and individual lessons through Applied Music. For both auditions, students should demonstrate sufficient skill to merit placement in a college-level performance ensemble.
- Singers: Be prepared to sing a selection from the standard art song or operatic literature in Italian, English, German, or French. In some cases, a musical theatre selection is acceptable
- Instrumentalists: Be prepared to play a short piece, étude, or excerpt of a larger work from the standard repertoire for your instrument.
- Jazz Studies students: For melody instruments, please be prepared to play a tune from standard jazz repertoire (both melody and improvisation). Rhythm section players (piano, guitar, bass, drums) should also be prepared to demonstrate accompaniment ("comping") skills in various styles. The use of pre-recorded backing tracks is acceptable.
Auditions will be held live in Forsyth Hall room 105 on Friday August 18, 2023, beginning at 1:00PM. Contact the Music Office to sign up.
See the Applied Music page for more information on our private lesson program.
Auditions are held each April for the following school year. A successful scholarship audition also qualifies for admission into the Applied Music program. See the Music Scholarships page for more information.
For advanced placement in piano, voice, or guitar courses contact the instructor for audition procedures.